Homes for Sale in Hunter Oaks, TX
Located in Travis County, Hunter Oaks is a small, established neighborhood in northwest Austin. Positioned between Woodcrest Drive to the north, Oak Knoll Drive to the west, Sierra Nevada to the east, and Colina Lane to the south, Hunter Oaks is in the Central time zone and uses the 78759 zip code.
Situated 13 miles from downtown Austin and the University of Texas at Austin, and 21 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, it’s only four miles to Seton Northwest Hospital. Homes for sale in Hunter Oaks are priced in the $300Ks.
Hunter Oaks real estate consists of 80 custom-built, one-and-a-half-story and two-story houses with a traditional-style architectural design with peaked rooflines, narrow front porches, large windows, and front entry garages. Hunter Oaks listings usually have pale stone and brick exteriors framed by tall trees.
If you'd like more information about Hunter Oaks homes for sale, please continue reading below.
Discover Hunter Oaks Real Estate
Built in the 1970s, Hunter Oaks real estate features spacious homes on larger-than-average lots. Hunter Oaks listings usually have three to four bedrooms, three to four bathrooms, open kitchens with breakfast nooks, family rooms with fireplaces and sliding glass doors, covered patios, attached garages, and fenced back yards.
Hunter Oaks listings range in size from 1,500 to 2,200, averaging 2,033 square feet, at an average $183 per square foot, and an average price of $355K. Hunter Oaks real estate is sought after due to its vintage homes in a small, established neighborhood, within commuting distance to downtown Austin.
Amenities Near Hunter Oaks, TX
Hunter Oaks residents shop at North Hills Town Center, the Domain, and Round Rock Outlets, dine at local restaurants such as the Sunset Bar and Grill and Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill, or catch a flick at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. A short drive away, downtown Austin offers many other retail stores, casual and fine dining, nightly live music, cultural events, and frequent festivals.
Within walking distance of Hunter Oaks homes for sale, the 95-acre Great Hills Park provides green space, playscape, and walking, jogging, and cycling trails. Brushy Creek Regional Trail leads to Champion Park and provides fishing areas, large picnic pavilion with built-in grills, and playground with a water play feature. The 54-acre Olson Meadows Park offers natural spring-fed ponds, sports fields, covered pavilion, playscapes, and a walking, jogging, and cycling trail. Hunter Oaks homeowners can take in a round of golf at the challenging, 18-hole Avery Ranch Golf Club.
Children who live in the Hunter Oaks neighborhood attend public schools of the Austin Independent School District including Davis Elementary School, Murchison Middle School, and Anderson High School. Nearby private schools include Challenger School – Avery Ranch, Round Rock Christian Academy, Holy Family Catholic School, and Austin International School. Hunter Oaks residents can also take advantage of higher-learning institutions such as the University of Texas at Austin, Concordia University Texas, and Austin Community College, Round Rock.
Hunter Oaks listings offer prospective homeowners the opportunity to own a vintage home in a small, established neighborhood, within commuting distance to downtown Austin.
Community Resources in Hunter Oaks
Animal Control – 311, (512) 978-0500
Emergency Services – 911
Fire: Austin Fire Department Station (non-emergency) – (512) 974-0130
Police: Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 974-5000
Texas Highway Patrol: Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 997-4102
- FastMed Urgent Care – 6611 River Place Boulevard, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78730 – (512) 373-8583 (10 miles away)
- Seton Northwest Hospital – 11113 Research Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 324-6000 (4 miles away)
- The Hospital at Westlake Medical Center – 5656 Bee Cave Road, West Lake Hills, TX 78746 – (512) 327-0000 (12 miles away)
- VIK Medical at River Place – 10815 Ranch Road 2222, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78730 – (512) 327-4262 (10 miles away)
- Cable/Satellite Service:
- DirecTV – (800) 543-1549
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Grande Communications – (512) 220-4600
- Time Warner Cable – (512) 485-5555
- Electricity: Austin Energy: City of Austin – (512) 494-9400
- Power outages – (512) 322-9100
- AT&T Internet/DirectTV – (855) 293-7676
- AT&T U-verse – (844) 723-0252
- Cox Communications – (866) 298-1514
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Natural Gas: Texas Gas Service – (800) 700-2443
- Solar: Texas Solar Power Company – (512) 459-9494
- AT&T – (888) 294-8433
- MCI Worldcom – (800) 950-5555
- Trash & Recycling: Austin Resource Recovery – 311, (512) 494-9400
- Water: Austin Water Utility – (512) 972-0101