Homes for Sale in Los Ranchos, TX
Located in Hays County, Los Ranchos is a small, established neighborhood of ranch estates, at Grande Street, in Driftwood, southwest of Austin. Positioned between FM 967 to the north, FM 150 to the West, Yorks Creek to the east, and to the south, Los Ranchos is in the Central time zone and uses the 78619 zip code.
Situated 11 miles from Kyle, 30 miles from downtown Austin and the University of Texas at Austin, and 33 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, it’s only 13 miles to FastMed Urgent Care, Five Star ER: Dripping Springs, and RediClinic Dripping Springs, and 18 miles to Seton Southwest Hospital. Homes for sale in Los Ranchos are priced from the $400Ks to the $500Ks.
Nestled in the rolling hills of the Texas "hill country," Los Ranchos real estate consists of one-story and two-story homes with ranch-style and traditional-style architectural designs. Los Ranchos listings usually have stone exteriors, open floor plans, and luxury touches such as vaulted ceilings. Some Los Ranchos homes for sale have stables, barns, or stand-alone storage spaces for ATVs and other large equipment while others have swimming pools.
If you'd like more information about Los Ranchos homes for sale, please continue reading below.
Discover Los Ranchos Real Estate
Built in the 1980s and 1990s, Los Ranchos real estate features spacious homes spread out on huge lots of five to 10 acres, perfect for keeping horses. Los Ranchos listings usually have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, master suites with walk-in closets, spacious kitchens with islands, patios, and expansive backyards bordered by tall trees. Lots are still available for buyers preferring a custom-built home, with various options in size, style, and price that enable buyers to create a home that reflects their own personality, requirements, and style.
Just 30 miles southwest of downtown Austin, Los Ranchos listings ranges in size, with the average size being 2,173 square feet, for an average $230 per square foot, and an average price of $499K. Los Ranchos real estate is sought after due to its ranch estate homes in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of privacy, within commuting distance of downtown Austin.
Amenities Near Los Ranchos, TX
Los Ranchos homeowners shop at Kyle Crossing, San Marcos Premium Outlets, and Lumberyard Retail Center, dine at local restaurants such as Trattoria Lisina and Salt Lick BBQ, or catch a flick at the Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter Lane. Wine buffs can sample fine wines and tour the vineyards at Driftwood Estate Vineyards and Duchman Family Winery. A short drive away, downtown Austin offers many other retail stores, casual and fine dining, nightly live music, cultural events, and frequent festivals.
Los Ranchos homeowners can go swimming in Lake Kyle or tubing along the Guadalupe River in San Marcos. The 126-acre Blue Hole Regional Park offers swimming, basketball and sand volleyball courts, community pavilion, playscape, picnic areas, and hiking trails. The 81.5-acre Jacob’s Well Natural Area allows swimming in an artesian spring-fed natural pool where water is at a constant 68 degrees as well as hiking the surrounding limestone cliffs. Los Ranchos homeowners can take in a round of golf at the Plum Creek Golf Club, 11 miles away.
Although Los Ranchos is considered part of Driftwood, children who live in the Los Ranchos neighborhood attend public schools of the Hays Independent School District including Negley Elementary School, R.C. Barton Middle School, and Jack C. Hays High School. Nearby private schools include Stepping Stone School and St Stephen's Episcopal School. Los Ranchos residents can also take advantage of higher-learning institutions such as the University of Texas: Austin, Texas State University: San Marcos, and Austin Community College: Hays campus.
Los Ranchos listings offer prospective homeowners the opportunity to own a ranch estate home in a quiet neighborhood, within commuting distance of downtown Austin.
Community Resources in Los Ranchos
Animal Control – 311, (512) 978-0500
Emergency Services – 911
- Driftwood Volunteer Fire Department (non-emergency) – (512) 288-5474
- North Hays County Fire Department (non-emergency) – (512) 894-0704
- Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 974-8243
- Rollingwood (non-emergency) – (512) 328-1900
Sheriff: Hays County Precinct 4 – (512) 393-7800
Texas Highway Patrol: Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 997-4102
- FastMed Urgent Care – 135 Bunton Road, Kyle, TX 78640 – (512) 268-2068 (13 miles away)
- Five Star ER: Dripping Springs – 333 East Highway 290, Dripping Springs, TX 78620 – (512) 893-7410 (13 miles away)
- Seton Southwest Hospital – 7900 Farm to Market Road 1826, Austin, TX 78737 – (512) 324-9000 (18 miles away)
- RediClinic Dripping Springs – 598 East. Highway US 290, Dripping Springs, TX 78620 – (512) 858-0011 (13 miles away)
- Cable/Satellite Service:
- DirecTV – (800) 543-1549
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Grande Communications – (512) 220-4600
- Time Warner Cable – (800) 892-4357
- Austin Energy: City of Austin – (512) 494-9400
- Pedernales Electric Cooperative – (512) 394-9136
- Power outages – (512) 322-9100
- AT&T Internet/DirectTV – (855) 293-7676
- AT&T U-verse – (844) 723-0252
- Cox Communications – (866) 298-1514
- Evolve Broadband – (512) 777-7700
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Spectrum – (866) 874-2389
- Texas Wireless Internet – (512) 524-6363
- Natural Gas: Texas Gas Service – (800) 700-2443
- Solar: Texas Solar Power Company – (512) 459-9494
- AT&T – (888) 294-8433
- MCI Worldcom – (800) 950-5555
- Trash & Recycling:
- Austin Resource Recovery – 311, (512) 494-9400
- Central Disposal Services –(512) 858-1219
- Austin Water Utility – (512) 972-0101
- Dripping Springs Water Supply – (512) 858-7897