Homes for sale in Palmer, TX
Quietly located on Interstate Highway 45 and U.S. Highway 75 just twelve miles northeast of Waxahachie in northeastern Ellis County, Palmer has a longstanding history with the Texas railroads. Settled after the arrival of the Houston and Texas Central Railway to the area in 1872, the city was named for D. S. Palmer, a Houston physician and stockholder of the railroad company. Today, with just under 2,000 residents Palmer is a quaint, rural suburban community with quick access to all of Dallas' big city amenities, but just far enough away to enjoy the fruits of small town living. A quick drive north on Highway 45 leads residents into the heart of Downtown Dallas, making it a perfect commuter location. Students living in Palmer attend schools in the Palmer Independent School District.