Homes for Sale in Burnet Heights, TX
Located in Travis County, Burnet Heights is a quiet, suburban neighborhood, off Burnet Road, in north Austin. Positioned between Payne Avenue to the north, Burnet Road to the west, Woodrow Avenue to the east, and West Koenig Lane to the south, Burnet Heights is in the Central time zone and uses the 78757 zip code.
Situated seven miles from the University of Texas at Austin, eight miles from downtown Austin, and 15 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, it’s only three miles to Cornerstone Hospital-Austin and four miles to both Seton Northwest Hospital and St. David's North Austin Medical Center. Homes for sale in Burnet Heights are priced from $300K to $600K.
Located in one of Austin’s oldest suburban neighborhoods, Burnet Heights real estate consists of single-family, one-story houses with a ranch-style architectural design. Burnet Heights listings usually have stone, brick, stucco, and clapboard siding exteriors, and some have more modern upgrades like hardwood floors, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances.
If you'd like more information about Burnet Heights homes for sale, please continue reading below.
Discover Burnet Heights Real Estate
Built from the 1950s to the 1980s, Burnet Heights real estate features modest homes, shaded by tall trees. Burnet Heights listings usually have three to four bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, one-car garages, and screened porches or covered patios.
Just eight miles north of downtown Austin, Burnet Heights listings range in size from 1,100 square feet to 2,500 square feet, averaging 1,950 square feet in size, at an average $290 per square foot, and an average price of $567K. Burnet Heights real estate is sought after due to its charming homes in a quiet, suburban neighborhood, close to downtown Austin.
Amenities Near Burnet Heights, TX
Burnet Heights homeowners like to shop at The Shops at Arbor Walk, The Arboretum, and the Domain, dine at local restaurants such as the historic Fonda San Miguel, or catch a flick at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. A short drive or bus ride away, downtown Austin offers many other retail stores, casual and fine dining, nightly live music, cultural events, and frequent festivals.
Half a mile away from Burnet Heights homes for sale, nine-acre Brentwood Park offers a swimming pool, tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts, sports fields, playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking path. Set along Shoal Creek, the 30-acre Beverly S. Sheffield Northwest District Park provides walking, jogging, and cycling trails, swimming pools, tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, sports fields, barbeque pits, and picnic areas.
The seven-mile Barton Creek Greenbelt allows hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, tubing, and rock climbing. Burnet Heights homeowners can take in a round of golf at the Bluebonnet Hill Golf Course, 10 miles away, Riverside Golf Course, 12 miles away, or Avery Ranch Golf Club, 14 miles away.
Children who live in the Burnet Heights neighborhood attend public schools of the Austin Independent School District including Brentwood Elementary School, Lamar Middle School, and McCallum High School. Nearby private schools include Paragon Prep and St. Francis Catholic School. Burnet Heights residents can also take advantage of higher-learning institutions such as the University of Texas at Austin, Concordia University Texas, and Austin Community College, Rio Grande.
Burnet Heights listings offer prospective homeowners the opportunity to own a charming home, in a quiet, suburban neighborhood, close to downtown Austin.
Community Resources in Burnet Heights
Animal Control – 311, (512) 978-0500
Emergency Services – 911
Fire: Austin Fire Department Station (non-emergency) – (512) 974-0130
Police: Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 974-5000
Texas Highway Patrol: Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 997-4102
- Cornerstone Hospital-Austin – 4207 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78756 – (512) 706-1900 (3 miles away)
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas (Hospital) – 4900 Mueller Boulevard, Austin, TX 78723 – (512) 324-0000 (7 miles away)
- Seton Northwest Hospital –11113 Research Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 324-6000 (4 miles away)
- St. David's North Austin Medical Center – 12221 MoPac Expressway, Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 901-1000 (4 miles away)
- Cable/Satellite Service:
- DirecTV – (800) 543-1549
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Grande Communications – (512) 220-4600
- Time Warner Cable – (512) 485-5555
- Electricity: Austin Energy: City of Austin – (512) 494-9400
- Power outages – (512) 322-9100
- AT&T Internet/DirectTV – (855) 293-7676
- AT&T U-verse – (844) 723-0252
- Cox Communications – (866) 298-1514
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Natural Gas: Texas Gas Service – (800) 700-2443
- Solar: Texas Solar Power Company – (512) 459-9494
- AT&T – (888) 294-8433
- MCI Worldcom – (800) 950-5555
- Trash & Recycling: Austin Resource Recovery – 311, (512) 494-9400
- Water: Austin Water Utility – (512) 972-0101