Homes for Sale in Meadow Lake, TX
Located in Travis County, Meadow Lake is a quiet, secluded neighborhood in southeast Austin, along Magin Meadow Drive. Positioned between Blue Meadow Drive to the north, Stonleigh Place to the west, Meadow Lake Boulevard to the east, and Lendall Lane to the south, Meadow Lake is in the Central time zone and uses the 78744 zip code.
Situated eight miles from the University of Texas at Austin, nine miles from downtown Austin, and 10 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, it’s only six miles to St. David's South Austin Medical Center and eight miles to the Dell Seton Medical Center. Homes for sale in Meadow Lake are priced in the high $100Ks and low $200Ks.
Close to green spaces, Meadow Lake real estate consists of single-family, one-story and two-story houses with bungalow-style and traditional-style architectural designs. Meadow Lake listings usually have stone and stucco exteriors, open floor plans, and modern updates, surrounded by ornamental trees. The Meadow Lake neighborhood also includes 25 homes built by Habitat for Humanity, which provides new homes that are budget-friendly for lower-income households.
If you'd like more information about Meadow Lake homes for sale, please continue reading below.
Discover Meadow Lake Real Estate
Built in the 2000s, Meadow Lake real estate offers newer homes in an attractive, somewhat secluded neighborhood. Meadow Lake listings usually have three to four bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, attached garages, and backyards with privacy fences.
Just nine miles south of downtown Austin, Meadow Lake listings average 1,295square feet in size, at an average $127 per square foot, and an average price of $195K. Meadow Lake real estate is sought after due to its affordable homes in a quiet, secluded neighborhood, close to downtown Austin.
Amenities Near Meadow Lake, TX
Meadow Lake residents like to shop at Southpark Meadows and the Domain in North Austin, dine at local restaurants such as Trudy's and Amy's Ice Cream or catch a flick at the Regal Metropolitan Stadium 14. A short drive or bus ride away, downtown Austin offers many other retail stores, casual and fine dining, nightly live music, cultural events, and frequent festivals.
Nearby, the 744-acre McKinney Falls State Park offers swimming, fishing, mountain biking, and camping. The 555-acre Onion Creek Metropolitan Park provides sports fields, horseback riding, playscape, dog park, picnic areas, and shaded, creekside walking, jogging, and cycling trails. The 14-acre Kendra Page Park has volleyball courts, playgrounds, barbeque pits, picnic areas, and trail.
Dove Springs Recreation Center provides a large swimming pool, sports fields, sand volleyball pit, fitness center, pavilion, playscape, and a nature walking trail as well as adult, youth, and senior recreation programs. Meadow Lake homeowners can take in a round of golf at the 18-hole Roy Kizer Golf Course, three miles away while gazing at lake and wetland vistas.
Children who live in the Meadow Lake neighborhood attend public schools of the Austin Independent School District including Langford Elementary School, Mendez Middle School, and Akins High School. Nearby private schools include Austin Children's Montessori, Stepping Stone School, and Strickland Christian School. Meadow Lake residents can also take advantage of higher-learning institutions such as the University of Texas at Austin, St. Edwards University, and Austin Community College, South Austin.
Meadow Lake listings offer prospective homeowners the opportunity to own an affordable home, in a quiet, secluded neighborhood, close to downtown Austin.
Community Resources in Meadow Lake
Animal Control – 311, (512) 978-0500
Emergency Services – 911
Fire: Austin Fire Department Station (non-emergency) – (512) 974-0130
Police: Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 974-5000
Texas Highway Patrol: Austin (non-emergency) – (512) 997-4102
- Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas – 1500 Red River Street, Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 324-7000 (8 miles away)
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center – 901 West Ben White Boulevard, Austin, TX 78704 – (512) 447-2211 (6 miles away)
- U.S. Healthworks Medical Group – 3801 South Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78704 – (512) 447-9661 (7 miles away)
- Victory Medical Center – 4303 Victory Drive, Austin, TX 78704 – (512) 462-3627 (6 miles away)
- Cable/Satellite Service:
- DirecTV – (800) 543-1549
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Grande Communications – (512) 220-4600
- Time Warner Cable – (512) 485-5555
- Electricity: Austin Energy: City of Austin – (512) 494-9400
- Power outages – (512) 322-9100
- AT&T Internet/DirectTV – (855) 293-7676
- AT&T U-verse – (844) 723-0252
- Cox Communications – (866) 298-1514
- DISH Network – (512) 870-8221
- Natural Gas: Texas Gas Service – (800) 700-2443
- Solar: Texas Solar Power Company – (512) 459-9494
- AT&T – (888) 294-8433
- MCI Worldcom – (800) 950-5555
- Trash & Recycling: Austin Resource Recovery – 311, (512) 494-9400
- Water: Austin Water Utility – (512) 972-0101