Homes for Sale in Oak Forest, TX
This large Northwest Austin community is nestled between Spicewood Springs Road and Jollyville Road in Travis County’s 78759 zip code. Composed of two smaller communities, Oak Forest Villas and The Highland at Oak Forest, Oak Forest real estate is loved for its amazing location and reasonably priced established homes in Northwest Austin.
Located in the highly regarded Round Rock ISD, Oak Forest provides homes with an average build date of 1982 that feature classic brick, stone and siding for their exteriors. Homes at Oak Forest are thirteen miles from Downtown Austin and twenty-one miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
If you'd like more information about Oak Forest homes for sale, please continue reading below.
Discover Oak Forest, TX
Homes for sale in Oak Forest range in style from more traditional design to more modern and contemporary architecture. Mature oak trees keep this community well shaded and residents love taking long strolls on the winding, tree-lined streets. The stunning interiors of Oak Forest homes for sale average at 2,100 square feet and have three to four bedrooms and two to three bathrooms.
Vaulted ceilings, game rooms, wet bars and upgraded finishes draw homeowners to the beautiful styling’s of Oak Forest homes. Some homes in the neighborhood feature sparkling pools in private backyards and most have outdoor spaces perfect for relaxing and entertaining family and friends. Homes for sale in this neighborhood range in price from the $300,000’s to the $500,000’s and have an average selling price of around $450,000.
Amenities Near Oak Forest, TX
Oak Forest listings are located within walking distance to the local elementary school as well as Oak View Park that has many walking trails and a playground for residents to enjoy. Balcones Country Club is not far away and serves as a popular place to play golf or enjoy a fine dining dinner with friends.
For shopping and dining, residents of Oak Forest head to the Arboretum or Gateway shopping centers. Some favorite dining establishments include Rudy’s Country Store and BBQ, The Roaring Fork, Z’Tejas and P.F. Chang’s. For medical needs and employment, people living in Oak Forest appreciate that Seton Northwest Hospital is only four miles away from most homes.
Community Resources in Oak Forest
Animal Control – 311 (in Austin), (512) 974-2000 or (512) 978-0500 (unincorporated area)
Emergency Services –911
Fire: Austin Fire Department (non-emergency):
- Station 1 – (512) 974-0130
- Area 11 – (512) 974-4100
Fire: Lake Travis Fire Rescue (non-emergency) – (512) 266-2533
- Austin Police Department (non-emergency) – (512) 974-2000, (512) 974-5000
- Bee Cave Police Department (non-emergency) – (512) 767-6650
- FastMed Urgent Care – 3607 Manor Road, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78723 – (512) 928-4600
- FastMed Urgent Care – 2303 Ranch Road 620 South, Suite 210, Lakeway, TX 78734
- MedSpring Urgent Care Central – 3906 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78756 – (512) 861-8040
- Seton Southwest Hospital – 7900 FM-1826, Austin, TX 78737 – (512) 324-9000
- U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group – 2000 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 459-4367
- VIK Medical at River Place – 10815 Ranch Road 2222, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78730
- Cable Service:
- AT&T Uverse – (800) 464-7928
- Time Warner Cable – (512) 485-5555
- Electricity: Austin Energy – (512) 494-9400
- Natural Gas: Texas Gas Service – (800) 700-2443
- AT&T – (888) 294-8433
- MCI Worldcom – (800) 950-5555
- Time Warner Cable – (512) 485-5555
- Trash & Recycling: Texas Disposal Systems – (512) 421-1300
- Water: Austin Water – (512) 972-0000